This week Vince Gilligan comments in GQ on the state of movies, while Breaking Bad‘s five Saturn Award nominations get coverage from Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and MTV.
• A GQ article on what’s wrong with the movie business quotes Vince Gilligan on the problem with only making films for men under 25: “If you make movies simply for young males, nobody else is going to want to go. So Hollywood has become like Logan’s Run: You turn 30, and they kill you.”
• Examiner.com has Joel McHale praising the cable networks for airing shows like Breaking Bad: “They just care about the quality and if it’s an interesting show, and not whether it’s going to be well-accepted by the masses.”
• An A.V. Club review of an episode of The X-Files penned by Vince Gilligan in 1997 praises the Breaking Bad creator, remarking that his AMC series “often has moments of sheer, lacerating dark humor, but once it’s over, I’d love for him to just write something purely funny again. He’s great at it.”
• Emily Rios, who plays Andrea, chats with Examiner.com and shares, “If I wanted to do TV full-time, Breaking Bad is definitely the type of project I would want to do.”
• The Durango (Colorado) Telegraph reports that Giancarlo Esposito will lead an acting workshop at next month’s Durango Independent Film Festival.Read More