This week, Better Call Saul receives four WGA nominations, while TV Guide calls the show one of the year’s best. Plus, CarterMatt wants a Golden Globe nod for Rhea Seehorn. Read on for more:
• Deadline reports that Better Call Saul received four Writers Guild of America award nominations — one for best drama series and three for episodic drama — and is the most nominated drama this year.
• TV Guide deems Better Call Saul one of the year’s best TV shows: “Every piece, from writing to acting to color scheme, is executed with unparalleled proficiency.”
• CarterMatt supports a Golden Globe nod for Rhea Seehorn, saying she plays Kim’s “struggle beautifully, since she recognizes precisely how shady this man [Jimmy] can be, but at the same time admires his mind and realizes his potential.”
• Flavorwire considers Season 2, Episode 6, “Bali Ha’i” one of the year’s best TV episodes, mainly because of a wordless scene “in which the camera stays on Kim’s face while she listens to a message from Jimmy on her answering machine, as she gets ready for another day at the soulless corporate law firm where she works.”
• Polygon recommends binge-watching Better Call Saul, which is “not as dark as its predecessor, but it’s a great series to dive into.”
To stay up-to-date with all the latest news, sign up for the Better Call Saul Insiders Club.Read More